In our portal, we help property managers automate and let them do most of their work online. One of the features that we have is collecting e-signature. It is a process that the portal has that helps our property managers be more efficient when dealing with tenants and landlords or property owners. This process includes collecting e-signatures from tenants, landlords or property owners and property managers.
Follow the steps below to know how the e-signature process works.
- Go to Tenant Management > Tenant Lease.
- Click Create New Lease
- Choose the Select Property, Unit, and Landlord/Owner (select any prospect if needed)
- Click Start Lease and follow, review, and go through the 8 Steps.
- After completing the 8 steps and creating the lease, Click Submit, Approval is required before proceeding.
Note: After the lease is approved, you will have the option to send out an email to the prospective tenant or landlord in the next steps (i.e. requesting a signature), create a tenant profile, etc.
- Read the information carefully and click ‘Approve this Lease‘
- The status will change to Awaiting Signature Request (Tenant)
- Click Request Signature to Tenant > Wait for them to sign the agreement > Review Signature > ‘Mark Complete‘
- After clicking Mark Complete, you can now request Landlords or property owners, and Property Managers to sign the Residential Tenant Agreement.
- The status will show as Awaiting Landlord Signature > Click Send Email For Signature.
- Once signed > Review Signature > Mark Complete > click ‘Confirm‘
- Click Create Tenant > Verify the information (you can opt not to send the tenant an email by ticking the box). Remember that this email contains the information on joining the portal > ‘Submit‘
- What happens next?
- Lease status will be updated as ACTIVE.
- A new tenant profile will be created.
- The tenant will receive an email from joining the tenant portal.