Adding Multiple Tenants on a lease should not be hard and doesn’t consume all your time. In our new update, we now allow you to Create Multiple tenants when creating a lease.
Follow the steps below to create a profile for multiple tenant(s) in the same lease?
- Go to Tenant Management > Tenant Lease > Create New Lease.
- Select the Property, Unit and Owner of the property > Start Lease Process
- Go through the 8 steps of creating a new lease.
- In Step 2, you have the option to create the Primary tenant and additional tenant.
- Fill up the field for the Primary Tenant > First Name, Last Name, Phone, Email (Make sure to provide at least one communication method (Phone / Email). If you have selected “Both the landlord and tenant agree to receive notices and documents by email..” in the previous step, then you must provide the applicant email.)
- For Additional Tenants, click ‘Yes’
- The field will automatically appear and you can now Add the Other Tenant/s information; just like creating Primary Tenant, you need to provide the First Name, Last Name, Phone, Email > ‘Next’
- Choose the Lease start and end date > Rental Invoice Start date > ‘Next’
- Choose how often a tenant would pay the rent > what day of the month the rent is due
- Double-check the Monthly Rent Payment > Next
- Choose Tenant Insurance requirements > Smoking rules > Next
- Select what is included in the lawful rent for the rental unit, e.g. Gas, Aircondition etc.… > Next
- Provide additional terms if you have one > Next
- In this case, we are choosing ‘Use System Generated Lease’ > Review the lease > Submit
- A New Lease – Confirmation pop up will show > ‘Yes, Submit’
- After creating the lease, you need to Approve the lease (After the lease is approved, you will have the option to send out an email to the prospective tenant or landlord in the next steps (i.e. requesting signature), create tenant profile, etc..)
- You have the option to: Edit the lease, Approve & Skip Signatures, Approve Lease
- If you choose Approve & Skip Signatures, the lease will be approved and you don’t have to collect signatures from the Tenants and Landlord/s.
- Approve Lease means you will have to Send an Email for Signature to Tenants > Send an Email for Signature to Landlords
- After going through all the steps > Click Create Tenant
- A pop-up will confirm that you have validated the lease and would like to create a tenant profile.
- Here, click the Additional Tenant Profile tab to click separate tenant profile.
- Tick the ‘Create Separate Tenant Profile’ box and you will notice that the Lawful rent will be divided to all the tenants. > ‘Submit’
- After submitting, you will notice that the Rent is already divided among all the Tenants
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.