Adding a tenant credit can only be done for rental invoices. Remember that this invoice has NOT to be paid. You can add this by logging an extra payment for an invoice. That extra payment becomes a tenant credit and it will show in the tenant’s profile. The tenant can also see this when they login to their tenant portal.
Follow the steps below to add a tenant credit:
- Go to Accounting > Invoice.
- Choose the Invoice that has not been paid, Status: Due, Overdue.
- Click Receive Payment > For Online Payment or EFT check or provide the banking/account information of the tenant (make sure that the details are accurate). In this example, the amount due is $1,333.00 and to add a tenant credit, log the extra amount, for eg. $1400.00, so the tenant credit balance would be $67
- ($1400.00 – $1,333.00 = $67)
- Make sure to Tick the agree and acknowledgement box > ‘Submit.’
- For Manual Payment, click Record Manual Payment > Select the Payment and Deposit Date, Enter the Amount (make sure to log extra amount) > Payment Method > Deposit Account > ‘Save.’
- Check the Tenant details page > Finance > Credit Account
Q: What if I cannot see the Adjust Payment From Tenant Credit
A: The payment has been made already; the Tenant doesn’t have a credit balance
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.