If you need vendor support to resolve an issue with a property, use the portal to assign tasks, send details and communicate with them. In the Portal, you can assign tasks to a vendor; there are 2 options that you can do.
Follow the steps below to assign a task to a vendor:
- Go to Tenant Management > Service Request (before you can assign a task to a vendor, you need to create a service request for them.)
- Choose the Service Request
- Click the View Details icon on the Action column.
- On the ‘What would you like to do with this request?’ section > click Assign.
- Now, you have the option to Create Work Order (Track work progress, cost, etc.) or Skip Creating Work Order (Assigning directly to a vendor)
- For Create Work Order, select the Vendor (the vendor’s information will be filled automatically once you select a vendor), Check Tenant Information, Add Permission To Enter Unit (Time that the Vendor should go to the property, Work Description (enter the requested work description, comments), Unit Entry Log (Entry date, Time Entered, Time Departed, Work Order Approved by, Date of Approval, Priority, Cost of Labor, Cost of Materials, Taxes Paid), Attachments (you can add documents or photos related to the request)
- Once done, click ‘Submit’
- Skip Creating Work Order (select the Vendor, the vendor’s information will be filled automatically once you select a vendor), add a note
- (Tenant will not see this note), Tick the box Send Email, if you want to send the request to the vendor’s email address; Tick the box, Include Tenant Info (in email), and Add comment (This comment will appear in the comments section of the service request and tenant will be able to see this comment)
- Click ‘Submit’
- Once created, the status will be changed to Assigned.