There are two steps to enable rent discount automation for a tenant. One is from the Tenant Lease creation process, and the second is on the Tenant details page.
Here are the steps to automate rent discount for the Tenant (Lease creation):
- When creating a Lease for a tenant, on Step 4 Rent, when you scroll down until the bottom, you will see the ‘Rent Discount’ section
- Make sure to click ‘Yes’ and add the Rent discount details
- Add the discount given amount
- From the Tenant Details page, you will find an option to add the rent discount below the Monthly Lawful Rent text
- Click on the ‘No rent discount is available for this tenant.‘ text
- Add the rent discount amount and Select one of the following four conditions:
- No rent discount
- Apply discount when tenant pays the rent before the rent due date
- Apply discount when tenant pays the rent on or before the rent due date
- Always apply discount
- Once done, click ‘Submit’
NOTE: If a discount option is selected, the system will add a discount line item in the invoice details section at payment logging when the condition is satisfied. Tenants also see all the discount info (in the tenant portal)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.