A ‘Reimbursable Bill or Expense’ is an expense you have made on behalf of the owner and now you are recouping the money. The followings are the example of reimbursable expenses:
- Maintenance expenses
- Utility bills (i.e. You have paid the bills now, it will be deducted from the owner’s income)
To generate a reimbursable bill or expense, the property MUST be set to manage by the ‘Property Manager/Management Company in the property details page.
To create a reimbursable expense or bill:
1) Go to ‘Accounting ‘> ‘Expense ‘or ‘Bill.’
2) Click ‘Add Quick Expense ‘or ‘Create New Bill.’
3) Fill in the required fields on the ‘Add New Expense ‘or ‘Create New Bill’ page. At the end of the page, you will see a slider allowing setting the percentage of the bill that will be reimbursed from the owner. Change the slider as per your need.
By default, it is set to 100%, which means you are going to get the full amount from the owner’s income
4) Click ‘Submit ‘to create the bill.
This bill will now show up in the ‘Rent & Disbursement Report ‘as an ‘Expense item’ under the ‘Reimbursable Expense ‘section.