Ever had a mistake entering and paying the amount of an invoice? You can simply delete the payment amount and re-record it.
Follow the steps below to delete an invoice payment:
- Go to Accounting > Inflow > Invoice.
- Find the invoice that you want to delete > View Details.
- On the Payment History, click the Trash icon to delete the payment.
- Review the pop-up message, and choose the right option for you
- Permanently delete all payment transactions: Delete all payment transactions; this will permanently delete all the accounting entries related to this payment. No entries will show up in your accounting book. OR
- Mark all payment transactions as void: Marking all payment transactions as void will add reverse entries (transactions) into your accounting book. This is good for audit reports.
- Once done, click “Yes, Delete.”