In the property rental business, you often need to charge back the tenant for the bill you pay. One of the examples would be to charge the tenant for utility bills. Sometimes you need to split the bill amount among multiple tenants.
We have made the tenant chargeback process easy for you. Follow the steps below to chargeback the tenant from a bill:
- Go to Accounting > Bill
- Find the Bill for which you want to chargeback the tenant(s)
- View Details > More Action > Create Tenant Invoice
- You will be prompted to select a tenant.
- If a bill has multiple line items, you will get the option to make a single line item or add all line items as it appears on the bill
- Enter what percentage of the bill amount you want to charge back.
- Check the ‘Copy the public document’ box to attach any attachment from the bill to the new invoice.
- Click ‘Submit’ to create the invoice.
- After creating the invoice, all you have to do is review it and Select the revenue category for the line item(s)
- Note: Any document copied from a bill appears after the invoice is saved.
- Once done, click ‘Save as Draft‘ or ‘Save & Approve’