Tenant screening is one of the vital steps property managers and landlords should take when it comes to knowing who they should allow to rent their properties. They should also make sure that they ask tenants for consent to do the screening.
Here are the steps to ask for tenant consent to run a credit check or screening:
- Here’s a scenario, a prospective tenant wants to send an application to rent a property. What you can do is send him the unit or property listing link.
- On the listing site, they have the option to submit their application by clicking ‘Submit Your Application Now.’
- The tenants will have to complete the ‘Application Request’ form.
- Mainly, Applicant Information, Current Address, Employment, Guarantor Info, Reference, How did you hear about us?, Questionnaire, Supporting Documents, Additional Information, and most importantly, the ‘Consent’ check box.
- Tenants can decline to give consent when they do not select the following checkbox.
- Lastly, Authorization to consent to be contacted via email and/or phone regarding this application by MIPP or your company.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.